The model number you gave me is for a microwave. I thought you said above that your machine was a range?
If not, then I am sorry. Just wanted to make sure we are speaking about the same machine. Please let me know that the machine you are speaking about is in fact a microwave?
If so, and you heard a sizzle and now you don't have any function to the microwave and the control board doesn't even light up then we will first need to unplug the microwave. Then remove the two or so screws just above the top front vent cover. Then pull the top vent grill
cover off. You may need to open the door to remove the cover. With the cover off we will need to first check the main fuse to the microwave for continuity.
If the fuse is bad then power will stop there and not reach the computer or other components to the microwave. So again, with power off to the microwave and the microwave unplugged and discharged find the fuse sent just behind the right side of the vent cover, usually just above the control board, and remove it from the fuse holder and check with your meter set to continuity. If your fuse is bad it will not show continuity and would be reason why the machine doesn't even light up when plugged in. If it is bad then we need to replace this first with another 20 amp microwave bus fuse found at any hardware store or home depot store nearest you.
if the fuse is good then next check the other end of the power cord. Follow the end of the cord you plug into the outlet back to the machine. You will find it comes into the top cabinet of the machine and comes down into the microwave cabinet from there. Where it comes into the machine you will need to again remove the terminals and check the cord for continuity. If the cord is bad then again it will show no continuity and will need to be replaced. If it is good then next check the door switches just behind the control panel. Again, check them with continuity and get back to me here and tell me what you find. But I can tell you this, if the fuse is good along with the power cord, the sizzle you heard was most likely the control board itself. And will need to be replaced if you still don't have any lights to it. And if the fuse was bad, then just replace that first and go from there. I see that most times the fuse is the cause for all the failure in your machine. And it can be fixed very cheaply.
Please run those checks and get back to me here with what you find. And for your convenience the most common parts that fail on your machine have been listed below. If the parts you need are listed there just go the below website or call the following number to order parts.
Fuse part #(NNN) NNN-NNNN$30
PC Board part # XXXXX $215
Please also know that if the fuse is not damaged and the cause for the failure in your machine it may be hard to find the parts you need. Your machine is an older one and has been discontinued. Which will usually mean that most of the parts along with it have been discontinued. So what ever stock the nearest appliance parts store have will be it.
So if you find the fuse is good and the cord is good as well then it is recommended that you just replace the machine with another more energy efficient newer one. Especially since the parts are going to be extremely hard to find.
Please get back to me here again if you have any other questions or concerns and I will help you more. And please remember to rate my performance positively below with ok service or better below this chat so that I may get credit from the website for helping you. And if you have still have more questions, even after positively rating me, please feel free to come back to me here at any time and I will help you more for no additional charge.