Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

I have a Maytag dishwasher that is not spraying water. The

I have a Maytag dishwasher that is not spraying water. The unit fills with water, but the "fans" don't turn, and no water comes out of them.

Randy 43 :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX iam happy to help you with your question today..do you have a model number? water fills to under the heating element? and you can hear the motor but no water spray? thx

Customer:

Model #MDBTT79AWQ Serial #26714571EV

Customer:

You are correct with what happens.

Randy 43 :

ok thx , with that model not spraying any water what usually happens is the motor impeller strips off and the motor turns but it wont turn the impeller , they make a impeller kit for that , it comes with a new seal , also you can check that the black wash impeller doesnt have a crack or split in it and also spinning loose

Randy 43 :

Seal Kit - Part #(NNN) NNN-NNNNMfg Part # XXXXX
Full Size Image

Randy 43 :

Seal Kit

RepairClinic Item #(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Motor shaft seal and chopper kit

Manufacturer Number 6-919539

More

$49.65

Quantity:

Randy 43 :

to get at that , you need to remove about 12 torx screws ,3 around the main flange ,then 6 for the hub , 1 for the impeller , 2 more that hold the base down and they all lift out

Randy 43 :

also check this impeller that it is not split or bvroken,it is on the dissasembly down to the impeller under the hub

Randy 43 :

Wash Impeller 99002659        Main Product View
Full Size Image

Customer:

do you know what size torx heads they are? I tried one that I had but it didn't fit. It also seems to be one of the "locking" type that has the small bead in the middle.

Randy 43 :

ive never known them to have the security bit?the impeller is a 15 i believe and the others are a 20 ..or they are 15 and the impeller is a 10 ..3 longer screws are for the main diffuser

Customer:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH RANDY!

Randy 43 :

no problem ,did you get it opened up? let me know if you run across any issues

Customer:

No, not yet. I'll work on it tomorrow. If I have further questions, I'll be sure to ask. Thanks again.

Randy 43 :

ok ,let me know ill be online tomorrow

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Randy,

I ordered the part that you identified and received it today. Unfortunately it came with a notice from Whirlpool that one of the two sleeves that normally comes with the kit was not available, and if the missing sleeve was needed, "the customer" would have to buy a new motor in order to use the kit!! I was considering ordering the part from another supplier, but I'm afraid that the same thing will happen since the parts are all made by Whirlpool. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

new sleeve? usually you need the water seal and the metal impeller that screws onto the motor shaft ..there are 2 differeent threads ,one course and one a finer thread
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The original was plastic, and the kit is supposed to include two impeller sleeves (as you said, one coarse, one fine thread). Only one is included in the kit, and it's the fine thread. The notice seems to indicate that they are no longer making the coarse thread impeller sleeve.

that is news to me , and its the course thread you need on your motor? can you go to a local parts and see the bag before you purchase it ? ive always had the 2 sleeves
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That's a good idea. I called another online supplier, but they are in the same boat since the people taking the order are not the ones that pull it. Thanks again for your help. Tim

im sure somebody has original stock ..good luck