Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Im have maytag model MHW7000XG0 it shows F05 and then E02.

I'm have maytag model MHW7000XG0...
I'm have maytag model MHW7000XG0 it shows F05 and then E02. What do I need to do. I can't reset the code. It also locks the door can't remove clothes.
7/26/2013
Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician

Randy 43 :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX iam happy to help you with your question today..is the machine draining the water ? is there any other number after the 3 digit code? thx

Customer:

There is not any water in drum.. error code F05 then flashes E03

Randy 43 :

F05 E03 is a door latch error , you can try unplugging the unit for 5 minutes to see if it resets ,if no, then around the front boot (rubber) there is a spring ,you take that off and peel the rubber boot back off the flange and you get at the latch , there are a few plug in connections ,make sure those are inserted properly ,if those are ok and the water is definately draining then you need a door latch

Randy 43 :

Door Hook - Part #(NNN) NNN-NNNNMfg Part # XXXXX
Full Size Image

Customer:

Already pulled door latch off.... disassemble it... it seems to be working fine. I tripped the lock and held down button on door lock and put machine in diagnostic mode... still shows F05 E03

Randy 43 :

all 3 connections are good ? F05 E03 and F05E02 both relate to the door latch ..that model is correct ?

Customer:

Solenoid fires fine. Door latches. The drum starts to move then stops

Customer:

If you asking if the picture of the door latch is correct? Yes it is..

Customer:

I have taken volt ohm meter to both switches and measured the coil on the relay... The coil is not shorted out and both switches make contact fine

Customer:

there is however a loud solenoid buzz when the door locks

Randy 43 :

you havent tried a new latch im assuming , that latch has been a issue ..it does confirm the circuit after a few seconds ,and those errors are related to the latch , nothing you may be missing?i wouldnt want to say it is the the CCU or MCU those would give off different errors ..if the solenoid buzzes it isnt making proper contact that would still be in the latch

Customer:

Ok I will order a new latch Thanks

Randy 43 :

ok , good luck

Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Randy 43
Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician