Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

microwave over oven, 1 unit built in. Flashes F2and beeps

microwave over oven, 1 unit built in. Flashes F2and beeps in the middle of the night. They have to turn off breaker to make it shut up.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

the F2 error is a Shorted thermal sensor, Can you resend the model number with a space between each number ? it didn't come through. thanks , Bryan

This could also be a Shorted keypad thats why I need the model number to makes sure.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

9 1 1 4 1 4 8 9 9 9 1

I'm glad we checked that, The issue is the touch pad (keypad) you have a shorted key. try this before ordering a key pad. take a hair dryer and put it on low heat. go back and forth across the key and massage the keys with you fingers. This will sometimes free the stuck key and this will work again. if that doesn't work unfortunately the key pad will need to be replaced. Its around $221.00 so hopefully the heat works. heres a link to order the key pad if needed. http://www.searspartsdirect .com/partsdirect/part-number/Kenmore-Parts/Wall-oven-Parts/WB36X10097/0022/364/Model-91141489991/0582/0125400?keySuffixId=NA&pathTaken=partSearch&pathRender=modelComponent&documentCompId=P0405097&diagramPageId=00005&productTypeId=x&searchModelNumber=91141489991&subCompDesc=Microwave%20control%20panel&brandDesc=KENMORE&modelDesc=BUILT-IN OVEN W/MICROWAVE&blt=11&shdMod=91141489991&keyId=1

the part number is XXXXX in case you want to look for a better price, thanks and best wishes, Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Good morning,
This is a black oven,does wb36x10097 have black twin brother?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes Sir,thank you
no problem accept they are saying no longer available, heres the part number though if you want to look for one. WB36X10095 best wishes, Bryan