Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

LG d electric dryer DLE5977S belt is on but barrel stops t

urning...
LG d electric dryer DLE5977S belt is on but barrel stops t urning
7/22/2013
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

When this stops rotating if you hit the start button again in like 3 seconds will it start right back up or does it do nothing for a few minutes then will start ?

The drive continues to turn but the barrel stops. Have turned it off for an hour and then it restarts, eventually stopping again.

the motor runs and the drum stops so the belt is slipping ? is that what your saying ?

yes

okay , does the belt feel loose ? is it on the pulley assembly correctly and the spring attached ?

yes the belt is tight and everything is in place. I have removed the top and front and see nothing wrong

okay can you roll the drum by hand fairly easy ? and when you do does the belt turn with it ? try a complete revolution.

it seems to not turn as easy as it should, but it does turn and the exhaust fan rotates

well the thing you should do is change the belt and the back support wheels, something is binding up and usually its the support roller.Drum Support Roller & Axle 4581EL2002C     Main Product View check the pulley also. Idler Pulley 4560EL3001A     Main Product Viewhere a link to the parts, this one is to the rollers, take the machine apart and see if something is seizing up. IE Wheel,Pulley, replace as needed. also I mentioned the belt because it may be stretched. click this blue link to the video. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drum-Support-Roller-Axle/4581EL2002C/2701044?modelNumber=DLE5977S?RCAID=1000065 once there click the see help video. hope this helps. thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Okay I saw your other reply and yes the belt must be slipping. heres a direct link to the belt, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drive-Belt/4400EL2001A/1266808?modelNumber=DLE5977S?RCAID=1000065 have a great night, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician