Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a frigidaire 900 series (Model GSB5712BB0) dishwasher.

We have a frigidaire 900 series (Model GSB5712BB0) dishwasher. Now full of dishes and will not start.

Press Normal Wash and LED above illuminates, numeric display shows 95. Press Start/Cancel and nothing happens. Same for any other cycle option.

Checked door latch switch with DVM; continuity OK. Checked all connections to control board for corrosion etc. All good. Visually inspected controller board for bad caps, solder joints etc - All good.

Guessing either control board or membrane switch is problem - not sure how to test from here. At vacation home with nothing more than a DVM...what a way to start a vacation...
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So it sounds like you've done everything you can do to test which part is faulty. You can't test between the touchpad and the control board because there are diodes in line with the touchpad buttons which mess up resistance tests on a multimeter. That being said, you're down to the control board and touchpad as you suspected. This control board isn't really known for failing in this manner so I would suspect the touchpad. Nevertheless, I would recommend ordering parts from Repairclinic.com because they are one of the few appliance parts stores that allow you to return parts if you end up not needing them. That is a very good option to have with issues like this and one that technicians like myself must use in circumstances where the manufacture does not make a testable part.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok, thanks.

M

P.S. Any tips on r/r of the membrane switch?

Not a problem at all and I do wish you only the best.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I just noticed something: When I re-powered the dishwasher, pressing the Start/Cancel button clears the PF indication...thoughts?

So that would mean your touchpad is definitely good. I'd order and replace the control board if you're sure that the door switches are good. Also, watch the timer and make sure the time doesn't count down after you press the start button even though nothing else is happening.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Drat, $80 vs $20...story of my life. Timer does not change. After about 10 seconds the timer and lights go off...

Aye, I'm very sorry about the bad luck.

I'm just following up to see how your appliances is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Controller board came today. Problem solved.

Thanks again.

M

No problem and I'm glad it's all up and running again.