Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Why does my amana microwave oven only cook one minute at a

Why does my amana microwave oven only cook one minute at a time
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today Do you have the model number so we can better assist you ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ac01180ab

That model number isn't comming up. Can you open the door and look on the side wall theres a model number tag there, can you recheck it ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Aco1180ab

okay that comes up thanks . I'm afraid however its not the best news, The main control board is bad and would need to be replaced to fix the issue. Main Control Board 52001039 Main Product View this is a lot of money and thats the bad news. $279.81. Most people replace the microwave rather than repair them when the amount gets over $200.00. Microwaves have come down in price to the point where older ones are not worth repairing.the problem is when these get older different things start to fail so you have to keep dumping money into it. thats up to you of course. if you want to replace it heres a link to order it. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/Amana-Parts/Microwave-Parts/52001039/0022 /464/Model-ACO1180AB/1268/0123370?keySuffixId=NA&pathTaken=partSearch&pathRender=modelComponent&documentCompId=M0605019&diagramPageId=00006&productTypeId=0123370&searchModelNumber=ACO1180AB&subCompDesc=Control%20panel/door%20assembly%20(aco1180ab)&brandDesc=AMANA&modelDesc=AMANA COOKING&blt=11&shdMod=ACO1180AB&keyId=1 its part number 1 on this diagram,