Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

i have a samsung washer wf-ji254 and it wont drain and the

i have a samsung washer wf-ji254 and it wont drain and the door is remaining locked. no error code is showing. when we set it to drain it makes a buzzing noise and shows the drain time of 1 min.the buzzing stops and door remains locked and does not look as if water has drained

Randy 43 :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX iam happy to help you with your question today..that model doesnt seem to come up , does your machine have a square cutout inthe front panel on the bottom

Customer:

wf j1254 washer
Full Size Image
this is the washer front. model wf j1254

Randy 43 :

ok ,that bottom lower panel pops off ,stick a screwdriver and push down there is a tab on either side, you will see a plastic nut , dont unscrew that ,take the small tube and bleed off all the water into a shallow pan ,itll take a while ,when all the water has stopped,then unscrew the big nut ,that goes right into the drain pump impeller ,look in there and there will most like be something hitting the impeller preventing it from draining, let me know

Randy 43 :

it is that 3-4 " panel on the very bottom that comes off

Randy 43 :

on the right hand side it looks like there is a tab

Customer:

done and done it was a dime stuck in there. spot on bud. thanks i relayed the info to my wife whos at the cottage and is not handy at all. she had no issue following your directions