Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Ice dispenser and Water dispenser stopped working at the same

time. Work earlier today...
Ice dispenser and Water dispenser stopped working at the same time. Work earlier today but now doesn't seem to engage.
7/20/2013
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Do you have the model number so we can better assist you ?

LSC26905

okay does this make any noise at all when you push it ? there is a microswitch that engages the auger and the water that may be the issue, do you have a volt meter to test with and tools to take this apart ?

It dose not make any noise at all. Light work though. I have tools but not a Volt Meter.

okay, well this is tough to diagnose without a volt meter.I'll opt out mybe someone knows a common problem on these. thanks, Bryan

Thank You

Jason
Jason, Home Appliance Tech

Thank you for using Just Answer. I will be glad to assist you in your answer. Think about safety when doing repairs, electric, water, gas, ect.

Does the ice or water light up on the display when selected?

Yes it does

Ok, the next thing to check is probably the problem, so please check it very closely. Get down close to the rubber switch that is pressed to et ice/water. Slowly press it in listening for the CLICK sound. If you do not hear it, pull the rubber out, there is a plastic stem that presses again the switch inside. If this out of alignment with the switch, broken, ect....it will not work. If you hear the switch click, then we have an electrical issue instead. Please let me know. This is normally the issue on this model fridge. I am not saying it is the problem, but check it closely please. Please let me know what you find....thank you

I can hear a clicking sound.

The dispenser does not have the child lock on correct?
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Since I am inviting you back to do any of these, do not use a 1 or 2 rating or this will likely NOT help you get a satisfactory answer. It will delay our task, and it tends to be depressing for the expert trying to help you, often right at the beginning of the exchange, before we have accomplished our task.

I know the rating system is somewhat complicated, but you do not have to do a negative rating in order not to pay or to get your deposit back.

In addition, a negative rating only serves to rate the expert doing his/her utmost to help you. The expert also will not get paid under these circumstances.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

Negative ratings do not cover posts that do not come through, or any other difficulties...experts face those just as you do. This includes frustrations that you might have had before meeting your expert.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. But, it is up to your honor to click a smiley face and make sure that I am compensated for my time and effort. Please realize we are only compensated PER smiley per click and from bonuses, so extensive time with you would hopefully stimulate your consideration of this aspect of the system.

What buttons do you have on your dispenser that you can choose from?

The Child lock is off. I tried that in both positions.

On your model number, there should be a couple of more letters on the end of it, can you check that for me?

Chas,

TT

You are going to need to replace the power control board for the dispenser, not an easy repair, but can be done with common tools. you can click on the blue link below to order the correct part for your unit.

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Sorry, I opted out because I had to leave for a while. If child lock was not on, then Chas may be exactly correct. But, I have found that the main control is normally the issue for this problem. If the dispenser board does not fix the issue, replace the main board. This board is located on the very top of the unit under a panel. Here is the part# XXXXX $131. I hope this helps if needed. I am not trying to steel the question from Chas, just wanted to finish up due to having to leave you.....Thanks again!
Jason
Jason, Home Appliance Tech
Jason
Jason
Jason, Home Appliance Tech