Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Replacing heating element in Whirlpool Duet Electric dryer.

Can't remember which wire goes...
Replacing heating element in Whirlpool Duet Electric dryer. Can't remember which wire goes where. I have also purchased new thermal fuses and am ready to hook everythng bck up ... but after driving two hours to get the damn parts, I now can't remember which red wire goes towhich terminal and which black wire goes to which terminal ... the black and white illustration I found is less than helpful ...
7/20/2013
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

See if this picture helps. graphic

OK ... saved the picture and will try to get a bigger view. That's about all I can do with it,

okay well there a small jumper (short black) that goes between the two thermostats , the white and black wire from the machine goes to the rear thermostat, theres a red and white jumper that goes between the red and white thermostat to the top connector on the heating element and the solid red goes to the other terminal on the heater. tahnks and have a great day , Bryan

Unfortunately there are no red AND white wires ... just red or black.

Oh well ... I'm into the damn ting for over $100.00 in parts and now this ... so guess I'll just have to find some serviceman and have him make a damn house call ... sometime next week i'm sure.

I'll see what I can do and if it burns out ... then it burns out !!

Thanks for your help ...

okay but there are shorter jumper ones correct? with contectors on both ends ?they way this works is the black wire from the machine goes to the back thermostat, then theres a short jumper usually black between the two thermostats, then a red jumper to one of the element terminals and the other red one from the machine goes to the other terminal. thats it , color doesnt really matter as long as you hook it up the way I just said. it will work fine. no need for a service man.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Hello, This is a courtesy follow up, All of us at Just Answer hope your experience was a positive one ! Just Answer prides itself on doing it's very best to help our customer's resolve their problems. If your expert has helped you and your satisfied please don't forget that the expert is working for you and only gets paid if you rate them 3 or above on our rating scale. Rating the expert does not close the question and they are always available for follow ups at no additional charge ! If you feel your expert has done all he or she could to resolve your problem then please remember to rate them, This is as important to them as it is to you , Showing good faith by rating them also makes other experts want to help you in the future no matter what the category. Thank you and we hope you will continue to let us help you in the future. It has been our pleasure.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician