repairman4734
repairman4734, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  38 years in self-employed major appliance & refrigeration service. Have 2 licenses to do refrig.
15371985

Our dryer is heating but the drum is not turning. Can you

Our dryer is heating but the drum is not turning. Can you tell me what to check? I have the top and back off but do not see a belt. What makes the drum turn? Thanks!!
Hi, my name is Farrell & I will be helping you with your problem today. Thanks for your question, it is appreciated. More than likely, the belt broke, and is laying in the bottom of dryer. FIRST OFF, BE SURE DRYER IS EITHER UNPLUGGED, OR TURNED OFF AT THE BREAKER.. You are on the right track, in getting to your problem. With the top up, and propped back. look on the inside of the front panel at the top and right and left sides. You will see two screws, remove both. Pull top back, and release wires to door switch, and lift panel off and set aside. You now can lift the drum up and out of machine. Belt s/b on floor. You will see the belt idler pulley. Turn the pulley, is it free, or stiff and tight. I can get you the parts, prices and availability, if you will send me your model number located inside the door on the frame. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX await your reply. Smile
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I just replied but don't see it as going thru. I did as you said - very good directions and found the belt. Did you get the info that I sent?

Hi, just received this message, nothing previous. Please send me your model number again, and I will supply you with parts and prices. Is the idler assy. ok
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The model # XXXXX dryer is 110.64812200. I did as you said and found a broken belt. The number on the belt is 324ET 076. Let me know if this is available and cost. Also ETA. Thanks for your help.

Hi, thanks for your response back, it is appreciated. Part number for belt;

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drive-Belt/341241/529597?modelNumber=110.64812200
Open this site, it is available at repairclinic.com or;
341241 belt $22.46 available at sears parts and servicenters.

To install part, look at this site under kenmore dryers;
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/All-Parts/Dryer-Parts/8066065/0026/110/Model -11064812200/0582/0151200?keySuffixId=NA&pathTaken=partSearch&pathRender=modelComponent&documentCompId=P0210001&diagramPageId=00002&productTypeId=x&searchModelNumber=11064812200&subCompDesc=Cabinet&brandDesc=KENMORE&modelDesc=ELECTRIC%20DRYER&blt=11&shdMod=&keyId=30 Hope this helps and thanks. Smile
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

You have been a great help! I would like to leave a high rate of satisfaction but cannot find any place to click to do that. Please let me know. I have looked all over this website.

Hi, and thanks for letting me help you. Below you will find the way to rate me. Thanks.
Thanks again, have a good rest of day.