Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

I have a Dacor range #RSD30B/LP/H and getting a F1 code. Tured

I have a Dacor range #RSD30B/LP/H and getting a F1 code. Tured off main circuit breaker of house and it did clear for a couple days. But now nothing will keep it from flashing and beeping "F1" code.
Do I replace Oven control board #63692, very costly $$$$
or the membrane touch pad first? #82063-B. Much cheaper $$

Randy 43 :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX iam happy to help you with your question today. is it doing it all the time?

Customer:

Yes, It first started and when reseting circuit breaker, it went away for a week or so. But now nothing stops it except hitting a button on touch pad, but it comes back instantly after hitting any button. I think it just delays while the hitting another button to turn on oven, etc,,,

Customer:

I have circuit breaker off since it started several days ago

Customer:

The operational manual says F1 code= Relay circuit failure. Just not sure what piece that is?

Randy 43 :

if it is doing it all the time you can disconnect the membrane from the clock ,if it stops then the membrane is faulty if it continues it is the ERC oven control ..but from my experience i find it is almost always the membrane ..

Customer:

Ooh the oven control board PN# XXXXX XXXXX 62692. I type first time

Randy 43 :

i dont recall ever having to change a clock ..always the membrane in my F-1 experiences

Customer:

Cool, I will try that. I have a membrane already. when you say disconnect from clock? Is that the smaller ribbon cable

Randy 43 :

yes , if you catch it when it is doing it ,you can isolate it , but im pretty sure it will be the membrane

Customer:

thanks. I will install this weekend.

Randy 43 :

ok good luck