Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a kitchenaid dishwasher model #kuds24se or kudc24seis

on the front of owner's...
I have a kitchenaid dishwasher model #kuds24se or kudc24seis on the front of owner's manual. Model # XXXXX s62nxkdc-7630.

it won't run now, I push start and it goes straight to cancel w the green dishes clean light and no water or usual thing. It holds on that forever.
Saw your post about pushing high temp wash/energy dry 4x then energy dry to reset. I did this and the water ran etc so that was good. However, go to run cycle and it behaves as b4. Float doesn't seem to be lodged.
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/19/2013
Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Just to clarify you have the clean light blinking, you have tried the reset , this initially had the machine working but the machine is back to blinking the clean light?

when you push start- automatically goes to cancel and clean both solidly lit.

Yes the reset has it working or going through some kind of cycle but then turns off. So I tried to run normal wash and goes back to the cancel and clean lights lit. Thanks for your help!

Ok Marie, thanks for that.

Can you give me the full model number from the sticker around the door aperture please, The model number you supplied from the manual only tells me the type dishwasher.

is it(NNN) NNN-NNNN?

If you look for the sticker around the door aperture you should see a sticker with the model and serial numbers. The model number will look like the one you gave in your inital post but there ate some numbers/letters missing kudc24seis

fh2802104?

No it will start with kudc, if you cant find it does not matter, can tell you where your problem is but cant give you the part number for the part you will need.

The problem here is a button or buttons have shorted on the control panel, the buttons are built into the control panel so the panel will need to be replaced.

The first thing you can try is using a hair dryer set to low heat, gently warm the buttons then try massaging them to release the shorted button. If this does not work replace the control panel.

To do this open the door, take all the screws out around the inner liner behind the control panel. Lift the panel out, at this point it will be a matter of swapping the latch and the control board to the new panel (a few screws and swapping wires)

I would like to earn your highest rating Marie, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

I dont' know if you got my message but thank you that totally fixed it!!! I guess I have the same issue w oven- I push bake and it goes to broil. Tried the hairdryer and no luck. Do you have any other suggestions or is it done?

Unfortunately I can only answer a question about one appliance, you would need to post a new question about the oven :(

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Mike, Home Appliance Technician