Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have a Whirlpool Electric oven, Accubake " system. Each time

I have a Whirlpool Electric oven, Accubake " system. Each time I turn the oven on, it shows "cln" and 350degrees, locks and begins the cleaning cycle, but after one minute it shuts down and shows an F-2 number on the screen. It will not alow the use of the oven at all. Any suggestions?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Hi can you give me a minute to look this model number up please.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes.

Ok Larry thanks for that,

The meaning of the error code and the corrective actions are listed below.

F2 Oven temperature is too high 1. Look for welded relay contacts on bake or broil relays. If this happens, replace oven control (also called clock or ERC).
2. For SELF CLEAN models: check door lock operation.
3. Look for a high resistance connection or any other cause of high resistance in the oven temperature sensor circuit. Check sensor, sensor harness and sensor harness connection at sensor and oven control. Replace sensor if found defective.

Remember: Oven control (ERC) measures resistance of sensor circuit, not actual oven temperature.

Basically in this case I think that your sensor may be the problem, You should remove the temp sensor from the oven then test it with a ohm meter, it should read around 1080 ohms at room temp, if it does not read on or near this mark it's bad and should be replaced.

I would like to earn your highest rating Larry, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.