Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My electrolux ffc13k1aw0 does not get cold enough to freeze

food. What could be the...
My electrolux ffc13k1aw0 does not get cold enough to freeze food. What could be the problem?
7/16/2013
Rick
Rick, Repair Guy

repairguy :

Hello my name isXXXXX am going to ask you a few questions so I can better assist you.

repairguy :

Is there frost build up on the inside of the freezer?

Customer:

yes, just in one spot near the door on the front wall.

repairguy :

Was the condensor warm to the touch when you cleaned it??

Customer:

let me ask my husband.

repairguy :

ok, That will help determine what is wrong

Customer:

My husband unplugged the freezer before cleaning the area around the condenser, and has nothing to say about the temperature of the condenser. However, he did tell me that there is corrosion on the "drier-filter" - please see the attached picture.

Electrolux Freezer drier-filter corrosion
Full Size Image

repairguy :

You have a sealed system leak, not all of the freon is still in the unit that is why you only have partial ice on the inside. You will need a service person to come out and replace the drier and add additional freon to your unit to repair it.

Customer:

this is not something I can/should do myself?

repairguy :

Unless you have access to a oxy/acetalene torch and R-134a freon, it would be real hard

Customer:

Thank you.

Rick
Rick, Repair Guy
Rick
Rick
Rick, Repair Guy