Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Frigidaire dishwasher 4050, I light up a level of

clean and hit the start...
I have a Frigidaire dishwasher 4050, I light up a level of clean and hit the start the time comes on and then shuts off after about 20 seconds. I cannot select the delay start. the door appears to be closed. Any ideas?
7/15/2013
Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician

Jon : Hello
Jon : can you please explain a little more what exactly is happening on your dishwasher?
Customer:

Hi

Jon : so what you are saying that is on frigidaire dishwasher you select a cycle like normal and the time comes up on the display and then hit start but nothing happens and the display goes blank?
Jon : then the control touch pad doesn't recognize any touches of the board like if you were to reset te cycle?
Customer:

Whne I push the wash select button it light up. then I select the start button and it stays on for bout 20 seconds and then shuts off

Customer:

yes

Jon : ok. After you hit start what happens within the first 20 seconds?
Jon : the machine if it senses there is water in it still will go through a quick drain to get water out. Then should start to fill again all within 20 seconds.
Jon : does the dishwasher start to drain then fill and quit or doesn't do anything?
Customer:

Nothing happens. the screen goes blank.

Customer:

I cannot select the delay start either

Jon : ok. S at first it lets you select a cycle and when you hit start it seems to start but noting happens and after 20 seconds the screen goes blank? Then nothing else on the control works?
Customer:

Nothing happens

Customer:

correct

Jon : ok. Have you had a power surge lately to your home? That you know about anyway?
Customer:

no

Jon : have you tried to reset the board now. And finally can you hit any button on the control and have it respond?
Customer:

it worked this morning

Jon : ok but did it complete the cycle?
Customer:

The wash types on the left half light up. the drying selections do not and the delay start does not

Customer:

Yes it did

Jon : ok. Sounds like the control board shorted out. It is common. Try this and tell me what happens.
Jon : Flip off the circuit breaker to the dishwasher for about ten minutes then power it back on. That should reset the controls. If it doesn't then take a hair dryer out and fan hot air about 6 inches away for the front of the control board at the top of the door for about 20 minutes. This will heat up the relays on the board and free them up. Then start to hit the buttons again and tell me if the control works fine after the
Jon : thattheThat.
Jon : if it doesn't then you need a new control board.
Customer:

ok

Customer:

I will let you know in ten minutes

Jon : Ok. Thank you
Jon : the control panel should you need it is part numberNNN-NN-NNNNand should cost about $100. I you need to order it please call 1-877-821-4170. That is the number to marcone appliance. They are the biggest distributor of appliance parts. Ant that is my direct number to them. You will get the lowest price possible under my account if you call that number to order the part. Just call them and use the part number I gave you above. They will send the part out to cheaply and quasi
Jon : sorry
Jon : Quickly.
Customer:

Do you blow the air dryer on the plastic on the outside of the door or against the control buttons at the top?

Jon : against the control buttons on top. With door open.
Jon : bit first try the reset first before the hot air.
Customer:

gottcha

Jon : I the number doesn't work and it is too busy. Which it should not be, you can go to www.applianceassociatesli.com to order. Just got to the parts link and a new page will open. The parts page. Just enter in the part number and hit search. The art will come up and you can order that way.
Jon : let me know how you do. Usually the heating of the board or reset will work for you. If not order the part and get back to m where if you have any other questions and I will help you more. If you feel that I have helped to answer our questions please remember to rate my performance positively below this chat now with ok service or better rating. And if you have more questions please come back to me here and I will help you more for no additional charge.
Jon : Thanks again.
Customer:

The breaker didn't work. I think it is just the start button. I normally blinks when you hit it until you close the door. trying the heat now

Customer:

Do you happen the have the part number?

Jon : I have yo the part number to the control board. There is no separate part number for just the start button on your control. It is all part of the control. Try the heat and see what happens.
Jon : But of the door is not completely shut or latched all the way the control nor the doshwasher will start. But the control panel should lit up.
Jon : that is why I think it is your control panel.
Jon : If the door is closing and the latch is fully locking Then that is not the issue. And onyour control board the start button is not separate. It is part of the board. So if the hair dryer doesn't fix the problem. Order the new control board.
Jon : Please get backto me here if you need anything else.
Jon : Thanks
Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Chris,

Thank you again for the positive rating. It is greatly appreciated.

Please look at the post and my responses above for the part number for the control board that will house the start button.

If for any reason the part number didnt come though above here it is again.

Control panel 154639210. It should cost about $100.

It can be ordered by calling 1-877-821-4170 or by going to www.applianceassociatesli.com and going to the parts link and entering the part number in the part search box. Then ordering the part as it appears on the web page.

If you have any troubles either ordering the part or working on the dishwasher please get back to me here and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Thanks again.
Jon
Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician