Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Have a GE top load washer.Checked error codes no errors.Start

Have a GE top load washer.Checked error codes no errors.Start any cycle and the pump will start and continue to run.Wont start any cycle or start to wash
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Hi just to clarify you start the machine and nothing happens except the pump runs as if it is draining?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes

Ok sounds to me like the machine thinks it is still full of water, In this case I would check the pressure switch, this is located inside the control panel and has the small tube attached, Pull the tube off and blow into it in order to clear any lint blocking the tube, Plug the machine back in then try a cycle, If this fails to clear the problem then I would replace the pressure switch.

Click here to order the pressure switch

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Mike i tryed this and didnt work,It does click

Ok if you are sure the pressure switch is good then the only other possibility is the control board. There really just is nothing else that can cause this.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is this the only way to ck the pressure switch?

No you could disconnect the small tube at the tub end, disconnect the wires to the pressure switch then blow into the tube while testing the pressure switch with a ohm meter. Below I have included a video that will show you how, the video is testing a whirlpool machine but this is the same way you would check a GE pressure switch.

Click here to view the video.

If the pressure switch checks out then the control board will be the problem.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I replaced thecontrol board,that did the job

Great!