Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Whirlpool fridge mod#g15svaxvl00 . Fridge side will freeze

Whirlpool fridge mod#g15svaxvl00 . Fridge side will freeze if set on 36. Set on 46 now. Is this a cold control problem and is it the board in the DOOR.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Does the compressor run all the time?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Don't know , its a garage fridge

Ok well the two things that are going to cause this is first the temp control (thermostat) behind the knob for the freezer temp or the damper (the small door allowing cold air into the fridge)

First check the compressor is shutting on and off as it should, if it is running all the time then the cold control is the problem. If the compressor is turning on and off then the damper is the problem, it is stuck in the open position.

The damper is the small door inside the vent in the fridge that allows cold air to pass from the freezer to the fridge.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

where is the damper door on this thing , behind the ice mmaker in the fresh food side. That's where the vent is?

The damper looks like it is behind the ice maker in the fridge part 11

graphic

This unit does not have a cold control so it also could be a problem with the sensor in the fridge.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I can get the door to open and close by moving the control.is the sensor a their Mister and were is it

Should be inside part 2 in the schematic below, the light housing.

graphic

Thanks!

Mike.

Hi Mike,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

going back first part of the week to change the sensor, ill let you know hoe it goes. many thanks

Ok Mike thanks