How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask The Home Smithy Your Own Question
The Home Smithy
The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 9622
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
The Home Smithy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an LG front load Tromm washer.... have had many problems

This answer was rated:

I have an LG front load Tromm washer.... have had many problems with it... kept saying LE code, I would take the tube from the front bottom panel out and drain and also the basket out and let the water flood my laundry room to drain it... that seemed to work.... now, it will be in the "washing" cycle, doing fine, but then when it comes to spinning, it won't spin correctly and keeps saying "UE"... I have manually added clothes, rearranged clothes and even tried to run it with no items in it.... however, something is off with the balance of the drum I believe and it won't spin properly?????? help....

Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.

What is the model number of your unit, please?


Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i believe it is WM1832CW that's on the front of the machine.....

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I believe it is wm1832cw


Thank you, Tina.

This is a common problerm that is just coming to light here on Justanswer. What has happened is the ball sensor has failed. The ball sensor is located at the lower left corner of the unit just behind the back cover.

This is easy to replace. all you need is a screw driver and a 1/4" nut driver.

To access the ball sensor pull the unit away from the wall. Remove the back cover (8 screws and it comes off) and the ball switch will be at the bottom left near you. Remove it and replace it with a new one.

You can order the part from your local appliance parts retailers or from

Be sure to have your model number handy when you order the part.

Please let me know if you have any other immediate concerns.
If not please select a positive rating at this time. Doing so will not close your question, and after you rate my service you may ask any followup questions you like. All at no additional charge.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.
Best, Smitty
**How to rate your expert**

The Home Smithy and 3 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you