Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Kenmore Refer and the ice maker quit working, their

I have a Kenmore Refer and the ice maker quit working, their is a red light blinking at the ice maker on/off switch, is their anything i can check for.....charlie
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX thank you for choosing our service.

Open the freezer and look to the right. That light pictured below should be blinking 2 times and then a pause and repeat.

graphic

Then if you push the lever on the left keeping your hand and arm low the light should turn solid. Is that happening?

CLICK TO ENLARGE

graphic
Are the ejector blades in the ice maker pointing in the direction as the picture below?

Barry
CLICK TO ENLARGE
graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am not home right now i will have to do this after i get off from work.

Charlie, my hours are 2nd shift, I will be at work when you respond. Would you like me to refer you to another tech? I will see your reply but it will be late and you may want someone to be around when you reply.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What time do you leave

In about 2 hours and then return about 9 hours after that, midnight eastern time. I spoke with Kelly and he will be available. Good guy and qualified.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How do i get back with him later

What he will do is make a post here and then he will recieve the notifications that you have posted a reply.

You can save this page to your favorites then email the link so you can get it at home and you will return right to this page. There is no extra charge, we are just swapping techs for your convenience. Thank you for the opportunity and have a great rest of the day at work.

Barry
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you!
The picture below will help in diagnosing as well.

graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
When I open door the light does flash twice and pause. If I hold flapper closed the light will stay on. The ejected fingers are in same position as in picture. The tube is hard
The hard tube is your problem, it is frozen. You will need to use hot water and a turkey baster to thaw that tube out. You can use a hair dryer, but must be very careful that you do not damage any plastic. Once that tube is thawed, you will have restored ice maker functions.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know!. You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!