Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

refrigerator ice maker not working IM #sNNN-NN-NNNN

refrigerator ice maker not working IM...
refrigerator ice maker not working
IM #sNNN-NN-NNNN
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/2/2013
Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Can you look inside the fridge, there should be a sticker with the model number and serial number.

model number ET21PKXGW03

serial number EL0829186

Can you reach up Alise and feel inside the mold where the ice is made, need to know if you feel ice or if the mold is empty.

Thanks

Mike this is completely empty

Ok Alise the problem here is going to be one of two, either the valve has failed or there is a blockage in the water line running from the valve to the ice maker.

The way to determine which is to pull the unit out from the wall, Remove the lower panel in the rear. Once off you will see the valve, Next trace the water line from the ice maker to the inlet valve, remove the water line from the inlet valve. Blow into the water line.

If you can blow air into the water line then the valve is bad and will need to be replaced.

If you cant blow air into the line then there is a blockage in the line, you would need to trace the blockage and thaw it with a hair dryer (normally in the fill tube running from the rear of the fridge to the ice maker)

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike I coule not blow air into the line.

However, I can't find the blockage. I am having a hard time taking out the ice maker and on the back side I don't see anything. Should I keep trying to take out the ice maker from the front or just use my blow dryer to thaw everythin out? Would it be cold

Go around the back side, disconnect the line from where it goes into the back of the freezer, twist and pull the fill tube out, You should then be able to sit it in some hot water to thaw the fill tube, then put it back wait for 24 hours and you should have ice :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike the fill tub doen't have any ice in it not is it cold by this point

Ok then the problem is going to have to be the valve behind the panel in the rear.

do you know that for sure. Do you thing I gave you all the right information?

Mike, Where do I get this part and can you order it for me
Will send you a link when I get back to my PC, I am on a service call right now, thanks

okay thanks so much

Don't forget about me? I am sure you are busy

Im going to have to check with my parts supplier because this is a after market ice maker so the valve part number is XXXXX listed.

before you order it let me know how much thanks

I'm not going to order it :) ill provide you with a link where you can purchase it when I have the part number.
Ok good...when I get the part how do I
Install it? Do I have to turn off some
Water somewhere?
When I post back with the link in the morning ill post back the full instructions how to install the part, I can't post the number now because my supplier closes 5pm est. look for my response in the am tomorrow :)

Ok thanks

Your welcome
Ok finally got the part number for the valve, Click on the link below to order the valve.

Click here

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike my ice maker has started working
I did everything u said and also blew dry an icy
Spot in the wall of the freezer by the ice maker kinda where the walls come together....but do u think the part might just be
Beginning to fail?
You likely cleared the blockage in the water line, you had mentioned you could not blow through the pipe so it would seem the blockage cleared, Glad you have it fixed! :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Hi Alise,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,

Mike, I bought the valve before I saw that it was going to work. Do you think I should send it back?

Mike, Home Appliance Technician