Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Hi, My cabrio wtw6600sw2 washer not spinning. Did the dianostic

Hi, My cabrio wtw6600sw2 washer not...
My cabrio wtw6600sw2 washer not spinning. Did the dianostic and the result is 80 F and 50 F. Please help.
Patrick
7/1/2013
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

F50 and F80 both refer to the control board acting up and thinking that the tub is stalled. You'll want to remove the inner basket and make sure there aren't any clothes stuck between the inner and outer tub and you'll want to check and make sure the shaft that goes up through the inner tub isn't rusted. The most common problem is a nut below the inner tub that needs to “float”. Floating is when the tub fills up with water to a certain level the inner basket will rise about 1 inch from the center agitator. What this does is disengage the basket from the motor so that the agitator can rotate independently from the basket. If the basket does not float then when it tries to agitate the whole basket will turn back and forth at the same speed as the agitator and this will cause the this problem.

To fix the problem if the basket is not floating you will have to take the washer apart. Below are the steps to follow if you are mechanically able to tackle it:

1. Unplug the power cord

2. Lift the top of the washer up, to do this there are 2 latches in the seams between the top and the bottom sections. These latches are about 6 1/2 inches from the right side and left side of the washer. You need to insert a small screwdriver (be careful not to scratch the paint) and push the latch while lifting the top section.

3. The top will actually fold back leaving the inner tube fully exposed. Support the glass lid so it doesn’t get damaged because it is very heavy and will fall open when you flip the top back.

4. Remove the plastic top of the tub. There is one hose connected at the back and there are several snaps around the outer edge that hold it on. Remove the hose and unsnap the snaps and set it aside.

5. Remove the cap covering the very center of the agitator. It is just snapped in place and can be pried off with a small screwdriver.

6. Remove the center screw under the cap.

7. Remove the agitator, you need to lift it evenly and might have to work your way around by pulling on one of the three fins and then the next and so on. I also had luck using a small pair of needle nose pliers and grabbing a small lip inside the area where the screw was and pulling from there.

8. Remove the 6 Phillips screws in the middle holding the plastic top gear in place. Be very careful you don’t drop one of the screws because it can fall through the slots in the basket and be lost below.

9. Remove the plastic top gear.

10. Pull the plastic lower gear off of the splined shaft. It should pull right off.

11. Now you need to pull the basket up and off of the shaft. This is where you might have problems because the basket might be corroded to the shaft. If you can grab the basket on both sides under the outer lip and pull upward it might pull up. If not, then you will have to figure out a way to get it off.

12. Once the basket is off you will notice there is liquid inside of it. That is factory sealed in there so do not worry about that, it is normal.

13. With the basket is off you will be able to see that the shaft is probably corroded and the inside bearing on the basket is corroded. Clean these both off very good and check to see if the basket can easily go back on the shaft and slide up and down without getting stuck. You may need to sand and file the shaft a little bit to get it totally cleaned up. The inner bearing of the basket is plastic so it is pretty easy to clean with light sanding.

Now if you find nothing wrong with he shaft and you still get an error code, you'd need to replace the main relay control board mounted to the top of the washer in the back right corner under the control panel.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

If the cleaning is done the machine should run otherwise the board is faulty, is that what you meant? Is it just to get a new board and change it just like that?

Aye, that is what I meant. THe board is all plug and play and fairly easy to replace, but below is a video if you needed a reference.

CLICK HERE for video

Can I get back to you if in the process of doing what is mentioned in your answers and how can I get in touch with you? will there be any more charges? Thanks

Yes of course. The question never really closes out even after you rate me in case you have follow-up questions. You can bookmark the page or save it in your favorites in order to come back and ask follow-up questions if needed at no additional charge.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

I have cleanup the shaft and do I need to put grease on the shaft? Is it ok to install the parts without any grease? Thanks

No grease, that will get on your clothing. Just re-install the parts and that should really be it.

I have install the parts without any grease and put it to run. It gave me an indication of 50 F. I then did the dianostic and the result was 80 F. Is it that I did not do a good cleaning job? At the base of the shaft which is just above the bearing, there was still a thin layer of the residue. I have sand it but not completely get rid of it. What should I do?

That's not likely your problem, you can always remove the inner tub and if it has trouble lifting up and down, then that would mean that possibly it's causing the issue still. But if it's not sticking, the you really just need to replace the control board.

Actually I forgot to do the lift up and down testing. I will do the testing tomorrow and if I have no trouble of doing that eg can do it smoothly it would mean that I need to replace the board?. Thanks.

Alright sounds good. But yes, if it lifts up and down smoothly, you'd need to replace the control board. You can lift the basket up and down right now without taking it apart. Just grab the top lip of the inner backet and see if it lifts up and down and if so, then it's fine.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc