John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Hello Mr. LG, I am hoping someone can help. Our LG TROMM

Customer Question

Hello Mr. LG,
I am hoping someone can help. Our LG TROMM steam washer that we love seems to have a problem. For the past 3 months now the wash cycle takes a very long time. The wash time has at least doubled. Is there any filters or hoses I can clean ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

do you have the model number so we can Better assist you ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the model # is WM2487HRM

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay perfect, The long cycle is usually caused by the water not heating correctly. these machines depend on the water temp to advance, in other words the water temp sensor tells the control that the water is hot enough and go ahead and continue. Do you have a volt meter ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I do not have a volt meter, but I can get one.

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay . You need to check the heater and see if it has continuity. the heater is K320 on this diagram.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The machine is at about 3 years old, and doing wash for only 2 adults is it normal for the heater to have such a short lifespan ?

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
well it may not be the heater thats why you need to test that, it could be the sensor so if you find the heaters ok then the sensor is the issue.