Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I need service on my Wolf double ovens, and our local authorized

service center is just plain...
I need service on my Wolf double ovens, and our local authorized service center is just plain horrible. Any suggestions?
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/1/2013
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Is the oven under warranty? May I have your zip code, please?

The ovens are no longer under warranty, and my zip code is 84124. The problem I have with the authorized service center is that they charge a fortune if you have Wolf ovens. In our area, service calls are $50-100, and last time they serviced my ovens they charged me $800 for labor for a 15 minute service call. To diagnose the problem, I paid $150 and then when the parts were installed, the labor component was more than $800. It makes me feel stupid to have paid that amount, and I don't want to do it again.

I totally understand and agree with you. They take advantage of the consumer that owns very high end products because "they can afford it." As bad as that sounds, that is what happens. It is a disgusting practice and one that angers me greatly because it places a black cloud over all servicers because the average consumer tends to stereotype out of frustration and comes to expect to be taken advantage of. I am sorry you had to experience that. Now, off my soap box and on to your oven trouble.

There is a chance you can repair the issue yourself as many "breakdowns" are simple issues. What exactly is your oven doing? Please know that if you prefer to have a professional servicer take care of it, I am happy to find you a servicer in your area.

The fan that turns on when the oven gets hot started chirping, sounding like a bird actually. My husband thought it sounded like a leaf stuck in a fan belt. Anyway, now the fan blades I can see in the back of the oven have stopped turning completely. I am afraid to run the clean cycle because it worries me that if it gets too hot, it may burn up the control panel components. I still have the second bottom oven that works perfectly, but I would like to get it fixed.

I understand, thank you. That is not an easy fix, the ovens will need to be removed from the cabinet to service that issue. There are two authorized servicers in your area, did you use the local company, Paul, Inc?

Yes, it was Appliance Service by Paul. Is there another one? They aren't listed on the Wolf website.

Yes, Mr. Appliance is a servicer in your area. They are a nationwide franchise, so their labor rates are fixed. They use a flat rate pricing schedule that is controlled by the parent franchise company, The Dwyer Group. I would recommend using them to repair your oven. The link below will take you to their site with contact information.

CLICK HERE

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know!. You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Thank you for that information! It is well worth $25.

You are very welcome. Please let me know if you have other questions, I am happy to assist any way I am able. I hope your repair experience is better this time around!

One other question. If the ovens can't be fixed, can you suggest another good brand?

I am a huge fan of the Architect Series of the Kitchen Aid line. They rival the features and cooking results of the very top appliances at less than half the price and the service network and information available is excellent. They are a very nice product with comparable quality.
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Perfect. Just what I wanted to know. Thanks.

You are very welcome! Stay cool, running 90* + here in Montana!
Kelly, Appliance Technician