kingmz
kingmz, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 10,000 home appliance repairs, manages and runs my own company.
64161474

My Maytag Bravo dryer cool series 300 stopped in mid cycle

Customer Question

My Maytag Bravo dryer cool series 300 stopped in mid cycle /breaker in garage had tripped-I reset it and still dryer will not start-what do I need to do

are there fuses that need replaced in dryer and if so where are they located and how do I change them

Category: Appliance
Expert:  kingmz replied 4 years ago.

kingmz :

Hello my name is Marcus, could you please read the model number from the dryer. Open the dryer door and it should be along the frame of the door.

JACUSTOMER-af07dnn2- :

MedB400VQO

kingmz :

Do you have a volt meter?

kingmz :

multi meter

JACUSTOMER-af07dnn2- :

no

kingmz :

That will make it pretty hard, you should make sure you;re getting 220 volts from wall into terminal block of dryer.

kingmz :

We can jump out some switches to test what's working, but if there is another problem then we cannot continue.

JACUSTOMER-af07dnn2- :

since I am 68 yrs old-probably will call a service tech tomorrow

JACUSTOMER-af07dnn2- :

and a femal and I do not know squat about tools-thought maybe was a reset switch on dryer

JACUSTOMER-af07dnn2- :

female

kingmz :

What I am describing is pretty easy. What you have to do is access the cut off fuse (if the dryer isn't starting this part is most likely always bad and very cheap) take off the two spades from the fuse and put them together. Do you think you can do that?

JACUSTOMER-af07dnn2- :

no

kingmz :

ok, then I would suggest calling a repairman. If that fuse is bad, the tech should not charge you any more than $140,

kingmz :

have a good night

JACUSTOMER-af07dnn2- :

you too-thanks