kingcobra80
kingcobra80, Repair Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience repairing/installing various appliances
32169475

My EdgeStar Portable Compact air conditioner shuts off one

My EdgeStar Portable Compact air conditioner shuts off one second after I plug in the cord.
I read all the test and reset information and I am using a grounded outlet and the service line is 15 amps, What might the problem be ?
It sounds like the compressor is drawing too much amperage. Make sure you have nothing else on the same circuit, such as a washer refrigerator, etc. If it is the only thing on the circuit, most likely the start capacitor on the air conditioner's compressor is bad.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you! I will try the machine on a new outlet as suggested. Thank you again !

ok