How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mike Your Own Question
Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 17629
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Mike is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are leasing a home with a GE Slide-In Range, JSP40B0W3BB

This answer was rated:

We are leasing a home with a GE Slide-In Range, JSP40B0W3BB (mfg 1999, 14 years old), where a stress fracture appeared above a burner we almost never use - the crack has now quickly spread across the whole surface - do you have any suggestions as this model is no longer bei g manufactured ?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do once the part is no longer made other then replace the whole unit, if the crack has gone all the way across then you really do not have any safety concerns so long as spills (water) are mopped up quickly, You can continue to use it if you don't want to replace the unit right away.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.



Mike and 3 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Aloha again Mike, sorry, I wanted to ask you about using a high-heat/ epoxy to seal the crack & prevent liquids from getting below the surface - OK? or ?

You could but it would have to be a high temp one, check the label, I know there are some out there that will go upto 900f, the burners get to different temps depending on size so a 900f epoxy would work :)

Aloha :) or as we say it where I come from g'day mate.

Thank you for the positive rating. It was my pleasure helping you today. Please get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions :)

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Mahalo nui loa (thanks very much) & aloha a hui hou (talk at you later!)


Have a great day Thom.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Aloha a hui hou !