Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

the washer does not fill up completely on rinse cycle only.

the washer does not fill up completely on rinse cycle only. any help in this matter would be greatly apprieciated.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker down near the hinges below the lid.

Also, are you saying that the washer just sits there and won't do anything on the rinse cycle waiting for it to fill? Or does it start agitating on the rinse cycle but it didn't fill high enough?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The model number is XXXXX It partially fills then agitates and finishes cycle, but is tearing up clothes.

OK so unfortunately this is just a faulty pressure switch that will need to be replaced. These pressure switches check the water level and tell the valve when to stop filling and when to start agitating. This washer has 2 pressure switches inside the control panel and the one next to the timer is the most likely one that has failed, but you can order both if you'd like. Below is a link to both pressure switches and you can determine if you want to just replace the one next to the time or also the one further to the right in the control panel. These are the parts with small rubber hoses connected to them inside the control panel.

CLICK HERE for left pressure switch

CLICK HERE for right pressure switch

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!