Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a bosch dishwasher and it seems to be stuck on a cycle,

I have a bosch dishwasher and it seems to be stuck on a cycle, can you reset it or could there be a different problem?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Can you open the door and look on the side of the door near the top right side and get me the model number ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
shhu43c05uc/22 when I open the door it continues to run unless I press the on button
Okay perfect, this is stuck in whats called a flood mode (sounds like its draining constantly) this is a tough thing to fix. Well no real bad but the machine has to come out to clear the water in the base pan. Pull the machine out and tip it to the left enough to let the water in the bas pan drain out. get a towel. once the water is drained check the float in the base pan to make sure its not stuck up. (its a Styrofoam float) give me a minute to get the diagrams.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OK....Working on pulling out ...
okay the float is marked with an arrow,its number 0527. you need to remove the left side of the machine to see or get to it. get something long enough to reach it and push it down to make sure its not stuck. once thats done try the machine. start it from the beginning. sorry the arrow isn't there, they are having site issues, its part number 0527 on the diagram.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you, I am waiting on the husband for help. May I contact you a while later and leave the tip then?
yes you may, I should be here off and on most of the day and evening, I'll watch for your reply. thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you!
your very welcome, Talk later if you need me.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The diagram does not match what we are seeing, the entire area with the styrafoam float is encased in plastic. Is there a different way to get to the float. I also put an extra h in the beginning shu43c05uc/22 instead of shhu...

I'll be right with you, sorry I'm having some internet issues. I need to reboot my modem. be back shortly. BTW I knew about the extra h ! LOL no problem.

Hi I'm back and hopefully the computer keeps working. Did any water come out from underneath ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes but We do not see the float...plastic encasement
I know its very hard to see the float, you have to remove the side panel but before you do that have you tried the machine since you got the water out ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, it sounds like it is going to start the cycle, but the water is not coming into the machine.
okay try this and I'm sorry my computer or internet is having major issues. pour about 1 and 1/2 gallons of water into the machine and start it. see if it runs through a cycle and drains completely then shuts off.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
going through a cycle waiting to see what happens after the cycle
okay, good, see if it finishes and ends. thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you, it ran through the cycle and we filled it and it is working through this cycle unless you hear from me, I can only say thank you! I drove 1,030 miles yesterday from my daughter's home to find my husband , a sick grandchild and a kitchen of dirty dishes. Thank you!
your very welcome, I hope everything works out for you. have a great night and thanks, Bryan