Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a GE monogram icemaker ZDIS150. The water fills the

I have a GE monogram...
I have a GE monogram icemaker ZDIS150. The water fills the resevior when I turn it on. The compressor cools the ice making plate. But the water does not circulate over the plate. I have left it on for >24hrs. THe plate is cold enough since wet fingers stick to it. Is it a float that signals the circulating pump to start? If so, Where is it? Does the pump need to be primed? This is a machine that was running, previoius owner of the house cleaned it and had it off when we moved in. It hasn't worked since.
6/23/2013
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Since I am inviting you back to do any of these, do not use a 1 or 2 rating or this will likely NOT help you get a satisfactory answer. It will delay our task, and it tends to be depressing for the expert trying to help you, often right at the beginning of the exchange, before we have accomplished our task.

I know the rating system is somewhat complicated, but you do not have to do a negative rating in order not to pay or to get your deposit back.

In addition, a negative rating only serves to rate the expert doing his/her utmost to help you. The expert also will not get paid under these circumstances.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

Negative ratings do not cover posts that do not come through, or any other difficulties...experts face those just as you do. This includes frustrations that you might have had before meeting your expert.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. But, it is up to your honor to click a smiley face and make sure that I am compensated for my time and effort. Please realize we are only compensated PER smiley per click and from bonuses, so extensive time with you would hopefully stimulate your consideration of this aspect of the system.

Do you hear a hum from the water tank?

Yes. That is that tank fills and empty's everyso often. If I turn the ice maker off and back on, it fills. I noticed it will try to fill even if there is water in it so I'm assuming this is on a timer and does not use a float?

Yes you are correct, you have a bad circulation pump on the unit, you can try to take it out and make the impellar work again, it is most likely seized from none use, If that does not work you can order a replacement pump below for this unit by clicking on the blue link below

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Pump WR57X10077      Main Product View

Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

No huming. Is the impeller on the bottom? And do I need to take that whole bracket out to try and free the impellar?

Yes you will need to do that, I also found just the pump itself so you don't have to replace everything else, this will save out quite a bit of money.

Click Here

OK. Thanks. I appreciate it. It seems weird to have happened since it was only down for a couple of weeks. But hey, stuff happens.

That is true, Enjoy your SUday today!
Chas
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician