Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Hello, I have a GE dryer PDVH515EF0WW that stop after 1 or

Customer Question
2 minute running. It...
Hello, I have a GE dryer PDVH515EF0WW that stop after 1 or 2 minute running. It works only on the timed mode, every else cycle stop after 1 or 2 minute
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/18/2013
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today, does this make a loud buzz when you first start it ?

do you need more information?

Have you tried running this in the auto cycle with the vent off ?

yes I do, it runs 2 minute and stopped. The screen indicate estimated time wrote 0:00 when it stop

okay it sounds like in auto its overheating, this would be caused by the automatic thermostat which is not used by the timed dry cycle. one thing though, Your model number isn't comming up can you recheck that ?

PDVH515EF0WW, but I'm in canada maybe it can make a difference

yes that probably does make a difference. I cant bring it up.what you need to do is open up the dryer from the front and on the blower assembly look for one of these with the 4 wires on it. it will be the automatic thermostat. see if you can get a number off it.

I saw one with 2 or 3 wire on it, directly on the side of the blower in the front. the number is 199B2140P. The inside duc of the dryer was really dirty and the thermostat was very dirty to, so I clean everything and I'm testing it right now.

okay let me know if cleaning it does it, that may have been the issue , when these are dirty really bad they don't sense the heat and can overheat shutting this down. let me know, thanks , Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician