Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

On a dsf25kgta GE 2door refriger.how do you install the door-stop..?

Customer Question

On a dsf25kgta GE 2door refriger.how do you install the door-stop..? at the top of refer door or bottem..? appreciate help [email protected]
Submitted: 4 years ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

The door stop is mounted at the bottom of the door. It's just a metal plate that screws into the bottom of the door. To access the part, you need to remove the door. Do do that, open the refrigerator door and remove all the food on the shelves of the door. Remove the plastic cover covering the top door hinge, and remove the screws going into the top door hinge. The refrigerator door will now pull up and off so that you can replace the door stop on the bottom of the door.

Part 12 in the diagram below is the door stop at the bottom of the door.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!