Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

hi, my refrigerator suddenly started accumulating some water

hi, my refrigerator suddenly started accumulating some water on bottom shelf. It is a Hotpoint basic refrig. I also see a little box under freezerhas drops on it. Can this be repaired
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you happen to have a model number so that I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

CTX14CYXRWH Serial#VR770750
Model#

Perfect, thank you. This is a very common issue and it means that your defrost drain line has frozen over and will need to be thawed out.  This often times happens for no reason at all and is just random.  You will need to remove everything out of your freezer and remove the back panel inside the freezer.  Use a hair dryer to thaw all the ice out and locate the drain hole.  Pour hot water down the drain hole until it's draining properly again.  Once it's draining properly blow compressed air down to make sure it's clear.  If you don't have compressed air, use a turkey baster to make sure the drain line is clear and draining properly.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi, your answer makes perfect sense, I just hope I can do the repair myself or at least I'll sound intelligent when I speak to House repairman. so thank you very much . I'm very pleased with your expert reply. Bye
Very Satisfied.

No problem and if you need any help along the way, just let me know.