Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Maytag microwave MMV4205BA wont latch.

Maytag microwave MMV4205BA won't latch.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you open the door and lift up on the plastic door hooks on the door itself, does it feel like there is a spring pulling these hooks down? or are they just sort of loose?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Just loose, no spring feeling

OK that is what I thought. There is a plastic prong on the back of this hook assembly that breaks and the springs has nothing to attach to when this happens. Below is a link to the new hook you need to order.

CLICK HERE for part

To access the door hook, you need to remove the "choke" around the inner door. Open the door and locate the plastic seal that goes all the way around the inner door. This is the "choke" and it's clipped in on both the inside and the outside, all the way around the door. You will need to use a small putty knife or a small flat head screw driver and pry under the choke all the way around to unclip it. Once you have the part removed, you should be able to replace the hook assembly now. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to take your door apart.

CLICK HERE for video

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Will rate you a top five. However the site did not tell me answer would be email and the part was there. . . but, by the time I tried to order I had 9 browser windows open and I don't know if I'll get one, or none or 8 of these $2.55 parts? Thanks for the help. Steve

Ick, I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're having but I am glad you were finally able to get everything sorted out. If you need anything else, just let me know. If you have any problems with ordering the part, just call Repairclinic.com and they can verify your order and make sure you've only got one on order.