Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

G E model # XXXXX s s 2 6 0 0 4 a d. Electric stove top will not

G E model # XXXXX s s 2 6 0 0 4 a d. Electric stove top will not heat any burners. Is there a breaker/ fuse?

Randy 43 :

hello , that model number isnt coming up , is this just a cooktop or a stovetop with a oven as well? if so does the oven heat bake and broil?

Customer: Stove top with oven. Yes oven and broiler works.
Randy 43 :

did all the top elements go out at the same time ?

Randy 43 :

how old is the stove?

Customer: Yes I believe they all went at same time. The oven came with the house. The serial # XXXXX XXXXX h 1 2 7 4 0 6 m
Randy 43 :

sorry ,there was a technical error

Randy 43 :

how old is the house ? is this a plug in or is it hardwired?

Customer: It's a 50+ year old house. I've owned it four years. It is a 220 plug in.
Randy 43 :

I would suspect one of the power lines feeding the top burners is either burned off or shorted being that old , the wiring gets brittle and easily burns off , it isnt likely that all 4 infinite switches up top are bad , the main power is is good because the oven works ..there are 2 legs of power going to each switch then jumping to the other switches , i would shut the breaker off remove the rear panels and look for burned off or shorted wires

Customer: Could I replace said burned wire(s) easily? Or is it shot, done, kaput.
Randy 43 :

no, if you find bad wiring you can replace or crimp on a new terminal , get another piece of wiring and splice it in with connectors or maret connectors

Randy 43 :

parts may not necessarily be available if needed but wiring can be fixed

Customer: Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX either fix it or fry it, or me. Wish me luck. I will give you a good rating.
Randy 43 :

ok ,thx but youll be ok if you shut the breaker or unplug first

Randy 43 :

any wiring issue?