John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Dacor double wall oven that will not operate ( no

Customer Question

I have a Dacor double wall oven that will not operate ( no clock, lights on the display panel, no heat). There is power from the breaker to the oven. Is there a reset or fuse? The oven heated this morning then just quit.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 4 years ago.
Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.
What is the model number of your unit, please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Model is CPD 2278

I am sorry but I do not have any information on that particular model .

I will opt out and another expert may have the information you need.

Best, Smitty

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today.

So the clock is completely blank ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes, the oven light inside will come on so we know that the electricity is getting to the unit, but otherwise there is nothing oviously working. I have read about the possibility of a reset switch? or maybe a computer chip?

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
well there is a resetable high limit thermostat but that doesn't make the digital display go out. what you need to do is check the power to the oven. these ovens run on 240 volts and if one side of the 240 (120volts) is missing the issue your having happens, so in other words half your power could be missing and the oven light will still come on. do you have a volt meter ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes we have a volt meter

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay great ! behind the control panel you will find the terminal bock where the power to the oven is connected, check it for 240 volts, be careful. also there is a fuse in this. see if its good, Sometimes theres two but they don't show them all the time.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
you can check the resetable thermostat also but I don't believe in this it affects the clock only the oven elements. try pressing the little red button to reset.