Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Our Maytag MFI2568AES refrigerator wont dispense ice or water.

Our Maytag MFI2568AES refrigerator won't...
Our Maytag MFI2568AES refrigerator won't dispense ice or water. The lock button light is on and will not go off after pressing lock/unlock for 3 seconds. So, essentially, the lock stays on. Any idea about how to unlock? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
6/12/2013
Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

If you press a temperature up or down button will it let you change the temperature?

Thanks,
Barry

No, it won't let you change the temperature. When you press the up or down button, the lock/unlock button's light blinks and it beeps.

Try this first, it may or may not work but I need to know. Unplug the refrigerator for 10 minutes. Plug it back in and let it start running. Then try again to make a temperature change. Let me know when you can. Also let me know what is showing on the display.

Thanks,
Barry

Will do and let you know after 10 minutes.

That will be fine, just take your time.

Barry

Hi Barry,

Plugged it back in and the temperature control still will not change up or down. Lock/unlock button light blinks and beeps as it did before.

Display reads 0 and 38. Light is on over the lock/unlock button and light is on on the auto over the "LIGHT" button. No other lights are lit up.

Any button that you press... ie, water, ice, temperature, reset filter, etc. causes the lock/unlock button to blink THREE times and beeps once.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX a minute to get a link and type.

Barry

Do you know if there has been a recall on a board related to this model?

No, the only refrigerator recall at the present time is for the compressor relay. Top freezer and side by side models only, not french door. I am still typing, just a few more minutes.

Barry
Don't do more with that control. Just leave it alone because it has failed and doing more than we have could make things worse than they are.

There is a board behind that panel showing the digits that has failed. Follow the instructions that come with that board. I have linked it below or you may order it locally. It is factory part number 67006294. Be sure to unplug the refrigerator before changing that part.

https://www.appliancezone.com/ShowProduct.aspx?ID=9504&r=br549

If you found my answer satisfactory please login if you are not already logged in and please leave an ok or better rating. If you have any questions use the reply to expert link.

Thanks,
Barry
Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician

We ordered the new lv board the day that we talked with you and it arrived this morning. Took the old one out, put the new one in and it works like a champ!! And so easily replaced, too! Thank you so very much for your help!!

You are very welcome Sherri. Thank you for the opportunity to help.

Barry
Barry G.
Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician