Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My Miele dishwasher model # XXXXX 843 SCVI, type HG01 will not

My Miele dishwasher model #...

My Miele dishwasher model # XXXXX 843 SCVI, type HG01 will not start, when the unit is shut off for hrs I start the unit by pressing the start button. By doing this the Salt (pc) LED comes on & is steady and the cycle selector LES's, 6 of them are all off. At least one should be on so I can program my cycle So now I have machine that is dead. I even added salt yesterday

It might be the control board that is not powering up, that is what one tech told me

6/11/2013
Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician

Jon :

Hello

Jon :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an authorized Miele service tech and I can help you today.

Jon :

If the salt light is coming on in the display then the odds are that the control board is fine.

Jon :

Have you tried cleaning out the salt reservoir? Sometimes the old salt can coagulate and make a sticky paste type substance in the bottom of the reservoir. Causing the new salt added to not work.

Jon :

And if the salt light has come on I would first clean out the salt reservoir then flip the circuit breaker off to the machine to power off. Dont just turn the unit off by hitting the power on/ off button. To reset the control board and main board in the machine you will need to flip the circuit off to the machine for about ten minutes then flip it back on again.

Jon :

If after power the machine off for ten minutes and full cleaning out the salt in the salt reservoir and the machine still not do anything then I would like to run some other diagnostics on your machine. So please get back to me here and let me know and I will help you more.

Jon :

Thanks.

Customer:

The unit was disconnected from the outlet all night, I connected to outlet & tried to turn on, but same problem, Salt LED stays ON solid

Customer:

And the salt reservoir is clean

Customer:

hello

Customer:

Any tech available to discuss this problem

Customer:

Hello Jo

Customer:

When will you come on line

Customer:

I have to fix my dishwasher soon, please let me so I can schedule my time accordingly to stay with you

Customer:

Ash

I apologize for the delayed response. It seems there were issues with the live chat format. I couldn't see your responses and didn't know you responded back to me until a little while ago.

If the machine has been unplugged and still the error light for the salt reservoir then again, please clean it out completely. And by completely I mean following the directions in the manual and completely emptying the reservoir and then removing the reservoir and flushing all the residue out as well. Don't just vacuum out or clean out the visible salt and solution. You need to rinse the whole reservoir out.

After cleaning it out thoroughly and trying to run the machine again, if it still gives you the same issue themYou have to replace the main control.

Please call Miele for the part and please get back to me here if you need more help.

Thanks.

And where is this main control board located

Secondly how do disconnect the reservoir from the unit, could you point out what is holding it in place so I can dismantle to clean

Thanks

Ash

Ash,

Why the negative rating? I am only here to help you. Sometimes I can't get to the website as for my day gets very busy running a business. I wish I had more time to answer questions and help people out but getting into busy season now limits my time here with the website. This may not be an acceptable excuse to you but please understand that I am only here to help you out. And please dont rate me negatively because of that.

If you still need help with this machine please read the following. If not, please remove the negative rating and just simple don't rate at all. And you will not be charged for the service. However, I do hope that I hear back from you soon as for I would still like to help you fix this dishwasher.

The main Controller is in the door and the connections that you need to loosen to remove the salt reservoir are also in the door at the bottom and in the tub.

You will need to remove all the inner door screws around the inner door frame and along the side of the door. Then remove the outer door panel. This will give you a clear view of the controller, the main board, and the salt reservoir.

For the removal of the main board please be sure to power off the machine. Then remove the screws holding it in place and remove the board from the machine. But please don't remove the wires until you have either taken a picture of the placement of the wires on the board so that you know where they go. If you can't take a picture write down the placement.Then just swap the boards and reconnect the wiring to the new board.

For the salt reservoir you will need to remove the clamps and screws holding the reservoir to the base of the door and tank and remove from the machine. Then fully clean it out and return it back into the machine. then refill it with salt and try the machine out again.

If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to get back to me here at any time and I will help you as best as I can.
Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Thanks again.

Please feel free to get back to me here if you need more help with this machineAnd I will help you more for no additional charge.

The Miele customer care number is 1-800-999-1360. Please feel free to call them and ask them to send you a copy of the use and care manuals if you don't already have them. I will show you in detail how to remove the salt reservoir. And will also tell you some other tips as far as for cleaning and maintaining these machines. Which is vital to the way it performs.

Again, please feel free to get back in touch with me here if you need any other help and or have any other questions or concerns and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Thanks again.

I checked with Miele for the control board and the price of the new board is $525.00. The machine is 12 yrs old and I do not want to spend so much for a old machine. Is there any place I can buy a used Control board for $100 or less

Or can I re-build the board, if you know of any common problems with the board that I can tackle right away

Thanks Jon

Ash

$525 is a little high for the board. Did that include labor as well? It will be a little pricey getting the part from Miele but that is not the only place to get the board.

Please get back to me here with the part number of the board and I will see if i can get it cheaper. I know i will not be able to get it cheaper then $100. If you are looking to get the current old board repaired you can send it to core centrics. They are one of the only places i know of today that can repair the board to new condition and get it working again. I just dont know if they will repair Miele boards.

I would suggest calling or visiting their website for more info about them and what they can do for you. Their website is www.corecentricsollutions.com and their phone number is 1.866.737.2244. Give them a shot and see what they can do for you.

hi Jon

I have the dishwasher in my garage & I have opened up all the sides

I was looking for the control board, is this like a printed circuit board, because I could not see any Board in the door

I found 2 relay in the door for the soap containers & has wiring that goes to the program lights & on/off lights but no printed circuit board

Could you please point out where the board is located

Also could you also point out where is the reservoir for salt

I have not removed the insulation on the door but I don't think anything is behind the insulation

Thanks

Ash

Ash,

I guess you didn't get the control board number yet? With that part number I will be able to price out the part for you.

The control board is the top part of the door on your dishwasher. It is the board that you press the buttons on. Sometimes the control board is known as the key pad.

Again, you have to remove the screws and remove the outer door panel to access the control board up top on the door. When removing make sure that the ribbon cable or connectors were full seated and not coming loose. If they were remove the cable and reseat to the board and try it again. I that doesn't work a good trick that will sometimes work is taking a hair dryer to the control board or keypad and fan hot air about 5 inches away for the board and running the palm of your hand over the board as you fan the hot air. D that for about ten minutes until the board is nice and warm. The heat will sometimes loosen up and free u the relays of the board. And this could get the board working again.

If that doesn't work then you need to replace the main board in the base of the machine. If you have this machine out of the cabinetry and in your garage then you can easily access the bottom of the dishwasher. On the bottom of the dishwasher there is an access panel that has screws on it. Remove those screws and remove the panel. Behind the panel you will find the motor, drain motor and board. Among other parts. Look down there to see if the wires there have come loose form the board. If so, again put them back on the board and try again. If no loose wires replace the board.

Please do this and get back to me here with the pa number of the boards in your machine and I will see if I can get them any cheaper for you. And also please try core centrics if you would like to get the boards repaired in your machine.
Jon
Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician