Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Maytag MF12568aes French door refrigerator and the

water and ice dispenser will...
I have a Maytag MF12568aes French door refrigerator and the water and ice dispenser will not turn off after to press the controls for either ice or water until you open the door and leave it open for a time.
6/10/2013
Appl-Tech
Appl-Tech, Service Technician
Hello, thanks for letting us answer your questions. We appreciate your business!
When you say the water and ice dispenser will not turn off, do you mean the water will keeps running and the ice will keep feeding thru the dispenser?
Approx. how long do you need to leave the door open before it will return to normal?
Thanks for you cooperation.

It is not the same each time. It has stopped at about 1 minute and sometimes 2 minutes. I can also lock the unit on the front panel but again it is not always the same amount of time before it quits dispensing. I do not want to buy your subscription but I am willing to pay the $38 one time charge.

Hi Don
Just ignore the pop ups, they are just annoying.
You only have to rate my help once we figure out what is happening.
I need to know what is happening when the unit malfunctions.
Can you describe in detail what happens?
Does the water just keep running?
Does the ice just keep coming out the door?
Thanks

The water keeps on running or the ice does not shut off for some period of time. Which may be 20 seconds or 1 minute depending on how it seems to feel. I can put a glass under the outlet and just touch the controller by hand and it may only fill half a glass of water or ice cubes before it shuts off or I may have to open the door to stop it.

The dispenser is controller by a micro processor board inside the door dispenser.
You have a problem with that board. It is not giving the off signal when you release the paddle on the dispenser. You need to disassemble and replace the control board.Can you tell me the first two digits on the serial number?

It is 10982949JC

OK, here is the part you need to get.
click here
it is located behind the control panel on the dispenser housing.

If you have any other questions, just ask

If not, may I ask that you rate my help as positive for my time with you tonight?

Thanks for using JA

Thank you very much. I suspected the control panel board but I wanted to verify it. I appreciate your help.

Don

Your very welcome, Don
Please don't forget to rate my help and feel free to come back to this question for any follow ups if needed.
Appl-Tech
Appl-Tech, Service Technician

I replaced the recommended board but still have the same problem.

Relist: Other. I replaced the recommended board and I still have the same problem

I am also seeing a new problem which is I turned on the hold button and now it will not release

Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Since I am inviting you back to do any of these, do not use a 1 or 2 rating or this will likely NOT help you get a satisfactory answer. It will delay our task, and it tends to be depressing for the expert trying to help you, often right at the beginning of the exchange, before we have accomplished our task.

I know the rating system is somewhat complicated, but you do not have to do a negative rating in order not to pay or to get your deposit back.

In addition, a negative rating only serves to rate the expert doing his/her utmost to help you. The expert also will not get paid under these circumstances.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

Negative ratings do not cover posts that do not come through, or any other difficulties...experts face those just as you do. This includes frustrations that you might have had before meeting your expert.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. But, it is up to your honor to click a smiley face and make sure that I am compensated for my time and effort. Please realize we are only compensated PER smiley per click and from bonuses, so extensive time with you would hopefully stimulate your consideration of this aspect of the system.

You were told the wrong board to replace, this is the main board on the back of the unit that causes this... I am sorry about that... you can click on the blue link below to order the correct board for your unit..

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

If I order the part from you and it still does not fix the problem can I return it or am I stuck with it

If you order from the link I provided, they will take it back 100% refund. Most other places are no return..

I will give you a good service rating but when I try it says I have to pay more to give you that rating. I was given the wrong information the first time so why should I pay more to get the right information. I think your answer was fine but I am not willing to pay more to give you a different rating.

Don

YOu can ask for a refund on the other experts answer if my answer works if you want to... The rate me after that

Ok I will do that. I think your company has to look into its rating policies because I felt the first answer was correct. But if it was not they should not punish you for an incorrect answer. How do I repeal my first answer.

you can contact customer service and ask for a refund, but be sure to tell them not to close the question until we are finished...

Ok what is the customer service number

ok thank you

no poblem
Did you contact customer service for a refund like you asked?

I just started trying and it is a complete circle to try and get a refund. They say they will refund money but when you go to the site it sends you to another one and as of yet I have not been able to find the place that will tell me I get a refund. I am guessing that is on purpose. I will keep trying.

Don

Keep trying and keep me informed

I just received the last board that was recommended and the refer still has the same problem. Now what

Does it do it every single time?

Yes when I entered the code for the Hv board and closed the door the water started running without the paddle pushed

Do you know how to get into the service mode, not the programming mode?

no but if you walk me through it I am sure I can do it.

Best thing to do is shut the water off first to the unit, so it does not dump any water out..

ok

this is the first step let me know when it is completed

can I get more than one step at a time as the refer is in another building. But I will go shut off the water.

I can not get the lock to stay off for more than a partial second so I do not have time to see what the display says in the switched paddle mode. I will go try one more time. I turned the lock on when the water would not stop and now I can not get it to release. I may be could turn off the refer and try starting the whole process again maybe.

Try that, I have a feeling I know what the problem is, there is a micro switch in the paddle area that is sticking and not stopping the water,

you can see the microswitch on the left hand side of the pic

Let me go try some things and I will get back to you in about 10 to 15 Min

I should be here for about 1 more hour.

That is the problem. When I ran test 163 it was on all of the time. I then put an ohm meter on it and it is shorted. The button will not retract when the paddle is disengaged.

What I thought, click on the link below to order it

Did you get the money returned from the original tech?

not yet I am going to call them tomorrow because you can not get any satisfaction on the internet. I will let you know the outcome tomorrow

Thanks

I finally got a hold of someone and they are to call me back within 24 to 48 hours and are supposed to credit you with the money as soon as they get it straitened out. I will let you know when they get back to me. I will then give you your rating.

No problem, thanks for letting me know?

Appl-Tech
Appl-Tech
Appl-Tech, Service Technician