Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I HAVE A HBLG1203R WINDOW AIR CONDITIONER. When turning on

I HAVE A HBLG1203R WINDOW AIR CONDITIONER. When turning on the power the fan motor does not quite get started and it trips the breaker. Nothing else is on the breaker and it is a 20 amp new breaker. It cools fine. The motor spins freely and I can turn the shaft without any problems. Any ideas
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today, Good evening. this would be a bad motor start capacitor thats causing this issue. you will need to replace that. heres a link where you can order it. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/0CZZA20001N/0042/580?pathTaken=directMatch&filterPart=&pop=flush&prst=0&shdPart=0CZZA20001N
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you. I will replace the capacitor and I hope this will work.

it should, the only other thing would be the fan motor itself which is extremely difficult to replace and doesn't appear to be available . I believe the capacitor will fix the issue, good luck and well wishes, Bryan