How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Whrlp Master Tech Your Own Question
Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 10156
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Whrlp Master Tech is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My tri temp model with small fridge on bottom is leaking from

This answer was rated:

My tri temp model with small fridge on bottom is leaking from the rear. How do I stop the leak?

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 32 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs under my belt.

If this is not leaking form the bottom area .

Is it a stream of water and can you see the water level in the bottle go down as it is leaking or could this just be from condensation ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No not condensation. I removed the back cover to see where the water was leaking from. I can see it flowing down the back. When I put the bottle of water on the dispencer it runs right through.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I can see the water go down as it is leaking. It is a stream of water.

ok if it is not leaking around the bottle rim .

It is an internal leak in either the cooling chamber or the piping .

NOW the bad news the manufacture made this as a disposable unit .

Meaning the only replaceable parts are the drip try /grate and the spigot collar that the bottle goes in to to break the seal on the bottle.

Now if it is is warranty still if you call G.E try will not repair it but just replace it .

Not sure hoe old the unit is but if it is less then 1 year that is the only option you have .

If it is out of the warranty period .

you really have no way of repairing it just to purchase another one .

sorry to be the bearer of bad news .


Whrlp Master Tech and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you