Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I just bought a Whirlpool Duet dryer wed94hexw2 on 5/13/2013

I just bought a Whirlpool Duet dryer wed94hexw2 on 5/13/2013 and I am getting a F06/E02 error. I can't get service until Tuesday. Any suggestions? I have turned off, held the Start button. I can get past the error sometimes but the dryer won't start when I press Start it just beeps twice.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a moment to look up that model number please.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes

I cant find any info about that model number, Ill place your question back on the list, maybe someone else does.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks

I see the last expert has opted out .

My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 32 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs under my belt.

F6-E2 is a Communication Error CCU Whirlpools recommendations is to check power supply to the unit .

if ok replace the user interface .

Since it is still in warranty I would call for service on the unit .

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

when you say check power supply - what do you mean? Power supply in unit, house power?

Is this common for this failure in 2 weeks time and I don't even use this unit but maybe twice a week for 3 loads.

Check the power to the unit itself .

If you have had a power surge a brown out ,or even the power going off and right back on all those things can damage an electronic control .

And with it just 2 weeks old you might even have a loose electrical connection some where with in the unit.

Your best bet is to wait for service .

if you start taking the unit apart you could VOID you warranty on the unit .

Experience: 30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line