Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Inglis refrigerator Model ITB1933 has water buildup and freezing

Customer Question

Inglis refrigerator Model ITB1933 has water buildup and freezing in bottom of lower freezer.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today, there is a defrost drain behind the back wall in the freezer section, you will need to remove your food and then remove the back panel inside the freezer, a typical defrost drain looks like this. can you get the panel off in the back inside the freezer ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Well, I finally got the back panel off and we found the drain hole (covered in ice) and we are melting the ice with a hair dryer. Is there anything else I should do now before I put things back together?

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
sorry we are having site issues, I hope you get this reply. pour boiling water down the hole also until it drains freely.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
I hope you received my answer, let me know if theres anything else you need, please remember to rate me 3 or above, so I get credit for helping you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
I havent heard back from you so I wasnt sure if you needed more help. if you dont please remember to rate me 3 or above so I get credit for helping you, thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Do you still need help ? Please let me know if you do. If not please rate me so i can close this question, thanks, Bryan