Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a 1990/91 Robinhood Electric Stove with no manual supplied

I have a 1990/91 Robinhood Electric Stove with no manual supplied in a house I have just moved to, and the griller is in the oven.There are separate switches/temperature controls for the oven and griller, but the griller does not work when I turn the switch.There is no reference to the griller on the oven control but the griller worked when I just moved the oven switch from off. Is this the right way to work the griller? Is there a manual online?

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The link below will take you to their website. If you can provide a model number of the oven, I can likely find you a manual.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Where am I likely to find the model number? The stove is a floor model with solid cook plates, and no obvious number plate.

It will be on a tag around the oven opening, behind the door. Or, it may have a tag on the back.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thankyou. I will respond as soon as possible

Gwen

Sure, just reply when you can.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Well I have looked all around the oven door -over and under and inside, but cannot see a compliance plateof any sort. Guess it is on the back, and as the stove is built in to the cupboards ( although on the floor) we will not be looking at the back as we are elderly.

If you could just say if it is likely that you turn the oven switch on a little before the first heat mark which is 50', is it likely that is the proper thing to do?

I am very happy with your assistance - just wish I could do more to give you a clue other than the year around 1990.

Gwen

If there is a notch in the knob where the knob feels like it indents, that is likely the grille setting. On one older model I found, the firsat notch after turning the control clockwise from off is grille function. Is that where you are finding it will work at?