Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

GE DRYER model dwsr463gg7ww HAS POWER BUT WILL NOT START THE

DRUM SPINNING AFTER PRESSING THE...
GE DRYER model dwsr463gg7ww HAS POWER BUT WILL NOT START THE DRUM SPINNING AFTER PRESSING THE START BUTTON
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/1/2013
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Since I am inviting you back to do any of these, do not use a 1 or 2 rating or this will likely NOT help you get a satisfactory answer. It will delay our task, and it tends to be depressing for the expert trying to help you, often right at the beginning of the exchange, before we have accomplished our task.

I know the rating system is somewhat complicated, but you do not have to do a negative rating in order not to pay or to get your deposit back.

In addition, a negative rating only serves to rate the expert doing his/her utmost to help you. The expert also will not get paid under these circumstances.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

Negative ratings do not cover posts that do not come through, or any other difficulties...experts face those just as you do. This includes frustrations that you might have had before meeting your expert.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. But, it is up to your honor to click a smiley face and make sure that I am compensated for my time and effort. Please realize we are only compensated PER smiley per click and from bonuses, so extensive time with you would hopefully stimulate your consideration of this aspect of the system.

Can you spin the drum easily by hand?

.

Yes it spins by hand, what next

chas are you still there or did I lose connection

We need to open the top and see if the belt is broken, there are 2 screws holding the top on

graphic

ok, ill do that and check back with u

Okay

took screws out , took cover off, looks like belt is in really good condition. it is tight on the drum and the drum spins easy. when I press in the actuator button, and press the start button, it just hums from the bottom but no movement.

You can hear it humming from the bottom? can you while pressing the start button spin the drum at the same time clockwise and see if it starts to go?

I held in the door button, pressed the start button and gave a small push to drum and it stated. I tested it again and stated on its own. Thank you. What might have caused this.

Your motor may be going bad, the switch in the motor may be sticking, pray it don't happen again... Have a great weekend.
Chas

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

Thank you again. I will be back If I have more appliance problems

No problem, please be sure to rate my service before leaving please?
Chas
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician