Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hi i have a LG Front load washing machine with code LE. I have

Hi i have a LG Front load washing machine with code LE. I have tried to unplug it for 1 hour and spin the drum forward and reverse. It works ok with very small loads.
S/N 906kwnm04735
model : wm2301HR

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

the LE is a locked motor error.

The connector (3-pin, male, white) in the MOTOR HARNESS

is not connected to the connector (3-pin, female, white) of

STATOR ASSEMBLY.

• The electric contact between the connectors (3-pin, male,

white) in the MOTOR HARNESS and 4-pin, female, white

connector in the MAIN PWB ASSEMBLY is bad or unstable.

• The MOTOR HARNESS between the STATOR ASSEMBLY

and MAIN PWB ASSEMBLY is cut (open circuited).

• The hall sensor is out of order/defective.

In your case since this works on small loads would be a bad hall sensor. Rotor Position Sensor 6501KW2002A Main Product View now this is easy to replace and I have a video for you. click this blue link for the video and to order the hall sensor (Rotor Position Sensor) http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Rotor-Position-Sensor/6501KW2002A/1268238?modelNumber=WM2301HR?RCAID=1000065 this will take care of your issue. thanks , Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Well I thought it was fixed. I washed 1 load with no problem. 2nd load was towels and the code LE come back on. What should I do next?
you replaced the hall sensor and its still doing the same thing ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes
mmmmm, okay is there any water left in the drum when this goes to spin ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
When the machine started beeping with the code LE it stopped and tried to spin the drum. I checked the drum and yes it has water in it.
oh okay, If the drum has water it will slow the motor down and give a false code in instances, check your drain system in the machine and also check the drain pump and make sure theres no clogs.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Where is the pump located.
theres a door on the left side bottom front you open to check the drain.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The filter and the drain are clean. I Drained the drum and did a speed wash and the drum won't turn it just makes noise and bounces back and fourth.
the drum wont turn ? can you try by hand again ?is it locking up ? thats strange.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If I turn the drum both ways by hand I got it to work. I put it on drain and spin cycle and it worked. But it sounds like a jet engine taking off.
oh thats not good. your main tub bearings are failing. thats why the false readings and errors, this is a huge job to replace. they are available but its a big job.do you want parts and diagrams link ?
I hope you received my answer. we have been having site issues, thanks. If you did please rate me 3 or above so I get credit for helping you , Bryan