Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Hi, our Whirlpool LTG623DQ1 filled with water... agitated...

then died, my wife thought...
Hi, our Whirlpool LTG623DQ1 filled with water... agitated... then died, my wife thought she smelled a little bit of burning rubber after it stopped, what the problem might be? thanks
5/28/2013
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning, when you advance the dial to spin will this spin and drain .? Do you hear any noise at all ? Or just when it got to spin it is completely silent ? this is coming up a stackable washer dryer combo is that correct ?

yes, combo, it will agitate , not drain or spin, had to scoop all the water out by hand

okay perfect , the problem is common. Your lid switch has failed. Lid Switch Assembly(NNN) NNN-NNNNMain Product View If this would not run at all in the spin/drain cycle the switch failed. on the lid of the washer theres a post that drops through a whole and hit the switch. thats where the lid switch is. you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Lid-Switch-Assembly/3355458/520852?modelNumber=LTG6234DQ1?RCAID=1000065 replace the switch and your good to go again. thanks , Bryan

thanks Bryan, does the part come with an instruction or can I find it anywhere how to replace it? thanks again!

well there are two screws holding the switch that's the easy part to get the switch loose. what you need to do is take the angled panel off the dryer section. the one under the control, it has two screws, then there are two gold clips you release and the whole top slides forward and off . then you can get to the switch easy. Fastener(NNN) NNN-NNNN        Main Product View use a screw driver straight down and pry back to release those clips. hope this helps, thanks , Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician