Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
11179659

PSS27SGNA ge refrigerator Water dispenser stopped water

PSS27SGNA ge refrigerator

Water dispenser stopped water so we unplugged to see if that would reset the refrigerator. When we plugged it back in, the refrigerator light is on but it is not cooling.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

How long has it been plugged back in and on and is the display showing normal digits?

Are there any sounds at all from the refrigerator?

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It has been plugged in about two hours. We went to the pool and came back and the freezer was defrosting. We did not look at the display before leaving. However, now looking at it and there are not digits. There are no sounds. Only the light is on.

I understand, the digits, the dispenser and the no cooling are all tied to one part. That is the main control board. You can try unplugging it again and see if it will reset, but the board usually does not. If it does not you will need to replace it or get it replaced. One place with a year warranty that has it online is just below.

www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/WR55X10942/1531075?RCAID=1000064

To replace that unplug the refrigerator and remove the 8 x 10 panel on the back. Remove the connectors and replace the board. Put the connectors back they will only fit where they belong. Follow the instruction sheet that comes with the part to step 2 only, all of the other steps are for other models. Plug the refrigerator in and turn it on. If it does not turn on right away, wait 40 minutes, it will be in the defrost cycle and will start.

That will take care of the problem, If you found my answer satisfactory please login if you are not already logged in and please leave an ok or better rating. If you have any questions use the reply to expert link.

Thanks,
Barry
CLICK TO ENLARGE

graphic