Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

No error code on my whirlpool duet sport, just a loud click

and no water running into...
No error code on my whirlpool duet sport, just a loud click and no water running into it
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/25/2013
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today, Can you open the door and check on the tag for the correct model number ? its not coming up, thanks Bryan

sorry I was going off the manual,

wfw8300sw01

Okay perfect. let me pull up the tech sheets and I'll be right back. does the door lock when you start this and the door lock light come on ?

No it doesnt

okay I have the tech sheets up. try and start the service history mode and diagnostic test.

NOTE:

The washer must be empty and the control must be

in the OFF state before pressing the touch-pad sequence to

start the test.

1.

Close the door.

2.

Select any one key (except PAUSE/CANCEL) and follow

the steps below, using the same key (remember the key):

Press/hold

4 seconds

Release for

4 seconds

Press/hold

4 seconds

Release for

4 seconds

Press/hold

4 seconds

3.

Upon release, all console LED lights will turn on for

5 seconds.

4.

If there are any failure codes, they will be displayed in the

Estimated Time Remaining display.

NOTES:

This program recalls the most recent failure code

first.

Press the same key to advance to the next failure code.

(If the console doesn't change then the same failure

code was stored multiple times.)

If there aren't any more failure codes all the lights on the

console will turn on for 5 seconds.

Next the washer begins the Diagnostic Test.

To cancel out of service mode press

F-28 error code and by the way the door does lock but the light doesnt come on

F28 is a

SERIAL COMMUNICATION ERROR
That's not a good code to get. It means theres a problem either with a bad connection between the user interface and the CCU (Central Control Unit)

Possible Causes/Procedure

1. Unplug washer or disconnect power.

2. Check wire harness connections to the MCU, the motor, and

Central Control Unit (CCU).

-

Check connections of the CCU board within the housing.

-

Make sure all grounding switches are engaged.

3. Check the drive system for any worn or failed components.

4. Plug in washer or reconnect power.

5. Verify CCU operation by running a Diagnostic Test or any

cycle.

6. Check the MCU by looking for operations of the drive motor.

7. Check the drive motor for powered rotations.

8. Check that the serial harness at the MCU is not mounted

upside down. The wires should be to the left when facing

the MCU connectors.

there are three screws in the back holding the top on remove the top and check all the connections (wiring) if none are loose replace the CCU. Main Control Board W10246289       Main Product View heres a link to order it if needed, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/W10246289/1548827?modelNumber=WFW8300SW01?RCAID=1000065 thanks and best wishes, Bryan

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician