Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

my frigidare gallery refridgerator is not cooling and reads

what appears to be sy...
my frigidare gallery refridgerator is not cooling and reads what appears to be sy and ef on the temp displays
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/25/2013
Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

SY EF is indeed a communication error between the interface board and the main control board. The first thing you should do is check all the connectors to be sure they are tight and not corroded. Remove the top hinge cover for the freezer door, and check the wire connectors there. If you find none loose or corroded there remove the dispenser cover by prying around the outside frame with a putty knife and check all of those connections. If the error continues then remove the main control board from underneath the front of the refrigerator and check all of those connections, that board is mounted up to the bottom floor and is held with one screw, if none of those are loose and the error continues then you will need to replace the main control board. The part number for the board is 5303918514 and is linked below.

www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/5303918514/1795215?RCAID=1000064

If you found my answer satisfactory please login if you are not already logged in and please leave an ok or better rating. If you have any questions use the reply to expert link.

Thanks,
Barry
Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician

my fridge had done something similar to this one time before except it didnt have the error codes on the control panel it quit freezing and fridge wasnt cold the next day I came home for lunch it still wasnt working I unplugged it waited a minute and it started working. recently I have put a water valve and water storage tank and debated whether to put more money into it went to sears found an $1800 floor model for $700 I bought came home switched everything over to new fridge checked connections on door and control panel on front everything looked good plugged it in now its working fine what do you think I should do I plan to sell it but dont wanna rip somebody off

Well at most it will need that main board $122 plus shipping, it comes with a year warranty and that actually could add to the value of the refrigerator. That will be the problem unless there is a corroded connection or loose wire. I would plan for the worst. If it happens you have trouble Tim I will help you.

Thanks,
Barry
Tim, get in touch with me. I found some information, hold off on the board for now. Remove the lower rear cover inside the freezer and see if the evaporator fan is stuck. As a matter of fact there is a training video linked below.

CLICK HERE

Thanks,
Barry
Barry G.
Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician